Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Reboot

We've rebooted since the midterm and now we're spending time doing things I thought they could do for themselves going in. I turns out I have one class with 15 out of 27 students who are brought to us by the "learning center" meaning they've been identified as not having the skills to do the class. They're supposed to be in a special section with 20 students, and of course the instructor is supposed to know their status, but now I'm learning that the Learning Center doesn't do its job, or so I'm told.

Meanwhile, I'm prepping for next term: World History Since 1500 and US Transportation History, an upper level class. I'm toying with the idea of team instruction, sort of groups on steroids. That still leaves the course content to be worked out, but it's slowly slowly coming together.

No comments: